Here’s the latest news, all with deadlines approaching very quickly. If you’re hoping to close a gap between your aspirations and your achievements, don’t put off reading this email for too long!
- The University of Groningen is advertising a four-year postdoc in the history of philosophy, to be associated with the Centre for Medieval and Early Modern Thought. Application deadline is January 30, 2020.
- KU Leuven is inviting applicants for a position associated with the Aristoteles Latinus project. This is a tenured, or tenure-track professorial position. Application deadline February 15, 2020.
- St. Bonaventure University (New York) is hiring an assistant or associate professor of theology in the Franciscan tradition. Review of applications begins February 3, 2020.
- Symposium Thomisticum V will take place in Cracow, June 4-6, 2020. The theme is “Aquinas on Action.” Deadline for receipt of abstracts is January 31.
- The folk in Würzburg are advertising a summer school on “Affective Intentionality in Medieval Philosophy and Phenomenology.” Dates are August 24-28, 2020. Application deadline is February 15.
- The Lumen Christi Institute is advertising their latest round of summer seminars, including one in Chicago on the Five Ways and another in Berkeley on The City of God. Application deadline is February 1. Details here.
- The University of Notre Dame has announced a new project, their History of Philosophy Forum, which comes with opportunities, among other things, for international scholars to visit UND. See details here. Grant application deadline is February 7, 2020.
- Speaking of Notre Dame, February 1 is the deadline for applying to the previously advertised, first ever, SMRP conference, to take place Sept. 30 – Oct. 2, 2020, in South Bend. I’ll be there, and you should come too. Details here.