After my usual summer blogging hiatus, I’ve got a lot of material to share. Here are some items with quickly looming deadlines:
- Although I don’t ordinarily post information about jobs advertised on philjobs, the folk at the University of Dallas asked me to spread the word about a nice tenure-track position in medieval there. Since there’s evidently not (yet?) a lot of things being advertised, I figure I might as well call it to your attention, here. Application deadline Nov. 1, 2019.
- The University of Wisconsin’s Institute for Research in the Humanities is advertising year-long fellowships for scholars working on Europe pre-1700. Details here. Deadline October 31, 2019.
- Trier University has funding for a PhD student to investigate the meteorological works of Avicenna. Good Arabic, Greek and English are required (but not necessarily German). Queries should go directly to Andreas Lammer. Deadline October 24, 2019.
- There’s a conference in Porto (Feb. 6-7, 2020) on the history across linguistic traditions of treatises De intellectu. Details here. Cfp deadline October 30, 2019.
- The Sewanee Medieval Colloquium’s 2020 topic is Privilege and Position. Details here. Cfp deadline November 1, 2019. (Sewanee [Tennessee], April 17-18, 2020.)
- The British Journal for the History of Philosophy is looking for a new editor. Details here. Application deadline October 31, 2019.