Here’s what’s coming this summer from projects affiliated with Richard Taylor at Marquette:
- The Aquinas and ’the Arabs’ International Working Group’s annual European Workshop will be at the Warburg Institute in London, on the topic of Creation and Artifice (June 1-2, 2017)
- The Philosophy in the Abrahamic Traditions summer conference will be on the topic of Ibn Rushd / Averroes (June 21-23, 2017, Marquette)
- The Twelfth Annual Marquette Summer Seminar on Aristotle and the Aristotelian Tradition will be on the topic of “Soul and Nature in Aristotle and Aristotelianism” (June 26-28, 2017, Marquette)
- The Aquinas and ’the Arabs’ International Working Group’s annual North American Workshop will be at the University of Notre Dame (August 25-26, 2017). Cfp deadline of May 1.
And here are a few other things you might like to know about:
- The Schoenberg Institute for Manuscript Studies (at Penn) is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 Visiting Research Fellowship program. It comes with a stipend of $5000, and is targeted specifically at scholars who would benefit from the collection’s “extensive collection of pre-modern manuscripts from around the world, with a special focus on the history of philosophy and science.” Application deadline is May 1.
- The American Academy in Rome is offering a two-week intensive course in Latin Paleography and Codicology in collaboration with the Vatican Library and the University of Notre Dame (January 8-19, 2018). Application deadline is May 30.
- The Albertus Magnus Center has announced their 2017 Summer Program, Divine Power in a Hidden Way: Thomas’s Commentary on the Sentences IV (July 2-14, Norcia, Italy).